HISTORY

We’ve compiled a brief history of Peninsula Power Products, from our humble beginnings to where we are today.

 

PPP - history
PPP - history

pic 3 top

BRIEF HISTORY

 

1965. Established as Victor Kent Diesel.
1974. Sold and renamed BTR Power Products (Pty) Ltd.
1985. Sold to a Namibian private investor, name changed to Peninsula Industries (Pty) Ltd trading as Peninsula Power Products.
1998. Current owners acquired shareholding:

  • Alistair Lockhart
  • Ian Carrick
  • Bruce Lockhart

SINCE 2000

 

2000. Became Perkins and Perkins Sabre dealer.
2001. Awarded distribution rights for Twin Disc Marine gearboxes for Southern Africa.
2002. Became the top selling Perkins engine dealer in Southern Africa.
2003. Became Lister and Northern Lights dealer.
2004. Signed a dealership with MAN Marine engines. Established the Port Elizabeth branch in the Eastern Cape.
2006. Awarded MTU dealership for the Eastern Cape.
2007. Started selling Iveco G-drives through Salister Diesel and sold first two NEF Marine engines.
2008. Purchased our 1750 m2 premises in Cape Town. Appointed as John Deere Marine dealer by SA distributor New Way Engineering.
2009. Sold 42 John Deere Marine engines and 30 complete gensets from 40kva to 1000kva.
2010. Continued growth in engine sales, especially with John Deere.
2012. Awarded distribution of the FPT (previously known as IVECO) brand in Southern Africa.
PPP - History
PPP - History
PPP - History